- Meta-Analysis and review of 79 trials showed a statistical significant improvement in patients using CBD over placebo for the treatment of the following conditions:¹
- Reduction of nausea/vomiting
- Reduction in chronic pain
- Reduction in muscle spasticity using the Ashworth spasticity scale¹
- The most common debilitating disorders affecting society at large are pain and depression. Depression and pain co-exist in almost 80% of patients and are associated with impaired health-related quality of life, often contributing to high mortality . ²
- It has been observed that patients suffering from inflammatory and neuropathic pain are almost 5 times more prone to develop depression or anxiety disorder as compared to the general population .
- Considering the significance of the complex interaction between pain and depression and its societal impact, a better understanding of the molecular basis for this association is needed for developing more effective therapeutics.
- Clinical studies revealed altered endocannabinoid signaling in patients with chronic pain. Considerable evidence suggested the involvement of the endocannabinoid system in eliciting potent effects on neurotransmission, neuroendocrine, and inflammatory processes, which are known to be deranged in depression and chronic pain. ²
¹Whiting PF, Wolff RF, Deshpande S, Di Nisio M, Duffy S, Hernandez AV, Keurentjes JC, Lang S, Misso K, Ryder S, Schmidlkofer S, Westwood M, Kleijnen J. Cannabinoids for Medical UseA Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. JAMA. 2015;313(24):2456-2473. doi:10.1001/jama.2015.6358
²Huang W-J, Chen W-W, Zhang X. Endocannabinoid system: Role in depression, reward and pain control (Review). Molecular Medicine Reports. 2016;14(4):2899-2903. doi:10.3892/mmr.2016.5585.
Dr. Ethan Russo: CBD & Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency
By Cannabis Conversations on June 21, 2016
Dr. Ethan Russo, neurologist and medical scientist, discusses CBD, clinical endocannabinoid deficiency, and various ways to target the endocannabinoid system for therapeutic benefit.
ORDER CBD ONLINE TODAY
Because our products are hemp-derived, they’re legal in all 50 states.
For dealer inquiries, ordering and customer service, contact us here or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Together, we at Canna Nano are dedicated to delivering the highest quality products to all of our customers, and for future generations. With our products and combined high standards, we’re preserving the planet with renewable resources and sustainable practices.